Cajun operates a state-of-the-art, 50,000-square-foot, completely enclosed pipe fabrication facility with a separate 2,500-square-foot Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) building. The facility is located on Interstate 10 adjacent to the intercostal waterway, which allows for the streamlined transport of materials.
The fabrication shop consists of three large bays (alloy, large carbon and small carbon) each equipped with two five-ton bridge cranes, one ten-ton bridge crane and seven strategically placed half-ton jib cranes. The alloy and carbon shops each have a separate ventilation system preventing cross contamination of materials. All bays are wired electrically to accommodate 14 independent welding units.
Shop Systems & Support Services
- In-house Detailing
- Spool Tracking System
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Inspection and Testing
- In-house Hauling and Logistics
Welding Procedures & Pipe Materials
Cajun features over 100 current qualified welding procedures based on SMAW, SAW, GTAW, GMAW and FCAW welding processes. We also offer procedures that utilize orbital welding. We maintain ASME code stamps A, U and PP and NBIC code stamp R.
Plant capabilities include fabrication of many types of carbon and alloy pipe materials:
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- 904 SS
- Duplex SS
- And many others
- Two-axis plasma cutting machine
- Pipe-cutting capabilities: 24'' in diameter x 20' in length
- Alloy pipe larger than 24'' is manually cut and handled.
- Automated, two-axis plasma-cutting machine
- Pipe-cutting capabilities: up to 48'' in diameter x 40' in length
- Carbon pipe larger than 48'' is manually cut and handled.